Laser dentistry is a less invasive yet more effective way to perform a wide variety of dental procedures. The laser is designed to only target the damaged cells and if done correctly it should not cause any damage to any unnecessary cells around the affected area. The primary causes of pain associated with the use of traditional dental drills come from the heat, vibration and pressure of the drill. Since the laser does not generate heat, vibration or pressure, many of the procedures can be formed without injections or numbness. In many of the procedures, laser dentistry reduces bleeding, pain, swelling or the need for pain medication.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Some of the major benefits of using laser dentistry include:
- Accuracy and precision
- Reduced trauma
- Minimal or no anesthesia
- Minimal bleeding and more controlled swelling
- Less chance of infection/discomfort
- Less time in dentist’s office
- Less pain
- No loud drill noises
- No absorption of harmful chemicals
- Improved bonding process
- Quick removal of tooth decay
- Enhance teeth whitening
Laser Dentistry Procedures and Applications
- Treatment of Cold Sores or Canker sores
- Early Detection of Cavities
- Dental Fillings
- Uncovering Dental Implants and Perio-implantitis Treatment
- Teeth Whitening
- Enhanced sterilization during a Root Canal Procedure
- Reshaping of the gingival or a “Gummy Smile”
- NightLase ™
- Nightlase™ is a quick, non-intrusive procedure for the treatment of snoring. Delicate laser light energy tightens and elevates the delicate palate to expand the airway and diminish the intensity of snoring. Treatment requires no needles, fillers/chemicals or invasive surgery to remove tissue.
- The procedure can likewise be in conjunction with either the CPAP machine or oral appliances for the treatment of sleep apnea. It offers an awesome contrasting option to those that can't endure the CPAP or other regular medications. The laser light energy delicately warms the tissue, bringing about fixing and conditioning of the delicate tissues. This lessens the intensity of snoring and opens the airway permitting easier breathing. The laser energy takes allows for new collagen growth in the treated region. Unlike other treatments, there is no cutting or removal of any tissue.
- Smoothlase™ is a new type of non-surgical, non-invasive procedure that involves using a laser to trigger the body’s own natural healing process to lift, tone, and tighten loose skin around the mouth, chin and lips. Unlike dermatological lasers that penetrate the skin from the outside-in, Smoothlase™ works from inside the mouth to specifically target the deep, structural skin tissues where collagen lives. Your body’s response to this energy is to recondition tired skin by stimulating the growth of new, fresh collagen which results in tightening and gradual lifting or shifting of the skin to a more youthful position.
- Liplase™ is a nonsurgical, non-invasive treatment that is all done from inside the mouth to enhance the shape of your lips. There are no fillers, injections or anesthetics used. Liplase™ can rejuvenate, plump and create fullness to lips along with developing enhanced shape and form by stimulating collagen growth within the lips. The results are gradual so the lips will have a more natural look while they are developing.